About the Opportunity
MSC is seeking to employ an ICT trainee to complete an ICT qualification (certificate III or IV) and assist our current ICT team with asset allocation, level 1 service desk ticket resolution and installation of software/hardware.
What you’ll be doing:
- being the first point of contact for employees experiencing IT related issues;
- responding to Help Desk tickets and queries via phone or email and in Jira;
- following up with end users to ensure full resolution of issues.
- assisting with device management and making recommendations on how assets can be managed effectively;
- performing proactive maintenance with ICT Officer;
- assisting with imaging of computers and allocating assets;
- entering data into the organisation’s asset register.
- embracing a customer service and continuous improvement attitude at all times;
- requesting feedback on service provided and making any adjustments to approach, attitude, process, protocols or procedure;
- travelling to all MSC locations to provide on-site assistance and learn about our ICT operations.
What our ideal candidate will have:
- a High School Graduation Certificate;
- excellent communication and customer service skills;
- the ability to collaborate with other team members;
- the ability to communicate respectfully and patiently with end users of all skills levels;
- ability to work with users from cultural and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds;
- experience with Microsoft Office applications;
- knowledge of network and security fundamentals;
- working knowledge of Jira or another ticketing system;
- a solution focused approach to their work;
- outstanding attention to detail;
- ability to stay calm under pressure;
- experience with setting up mobile devices and imaging computers;
- valid WA driver’s licence;
- recent National Police Clearance (or willing to obtain one);
- a good sense of humour and a passion for information technology.