Support Worker (HCP or CHSP)
Multicultural Services Centre (MSC) is an established provider of diverse community services to culturally and linguistically diverse (CaLD) Western Australians. The Centre has been providing a range of programs and services to migrants and refugees for over 40 years. Our Vision is an inclusive society that values diversity.
About the Opportunity
MSC is seeking to employ experienced and committed Support Workers (SW) to work in the following programs:
- Home Care Packages (HCP), which supports older customers with a home care package; and
- Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP), which provides culturally appropriate social support services to older and frail aged CaLD community members.
Support provided includes:
- in home support including personal care;
- support to attend medical and allied health appointments;
- support to complete daily activities and tasks;
- direct care tasks related to social support services provided by the Centre including day centre services, social outings and getaways;
- safe transport support to enable service users to access community and social activities; and
- daily wellness and reablement activities, support clients to maintain or enhance their skills in order to facilitate independence.
We are looking for people that:
- can build a positive supportive relationship with the people being supported;
- are committed to a person-centred approach in their work;
- are passionate about supporting people; and
- can speak multiple languages with a current need of Italian, Macedonian, Dari/Persian, Vietnamese and Hindi.
- Certificate in individualised support, disability and/or aged care (highly desirable);
- previous experience working in Aged Care and Disability (highly desirable);
- ability to engage and work from a respective framework for people/families supported;
- an understanding and/or experience of the needs of people from CaLD backgrounds;
- valid WA driver’s license and a reliable private vehicle;
- prepared to obtain required police clearances for relevant program area; and
- ability to work independently and show initiative.
Applications close on 15th October at 5pm WA time. MSC reserves the right to commence the recruitment process with suitable applicants prior to the closing date.