Volunteers play an important role in ensuring MSCWA clients receive an excellent service. Besides the satisfaction you will receive in being part of the MSCWA team in achieving this objective; as a volunteer you will:
- Acquire new skills and knowledge
- Meet people of various ethnic and cultural backgrounds
- Gain worthwhile life and work experience.
As a volunteer you are not paid a wage for the services you provide, but an honorarium is available for certain roles and out of pocket expenses are payable for others.
Your voluntary efforts will make a difference to the lives of those who are disadvantaged or are not able to help themselves for various reasons.
You don't need any experience to become a Volunteer at MSCWA and we provide you an initial orientation and ongoing support and supervision to undertake the tasks that you are assigned.
Volunteering activities vary and may include:
- Providing transport to clients.
- Assisting with Recreational activities and tutoring for children.
- Providing mentoring support.
- Providing Entertainment to elderly clients- e.g. music, dance etc.
- Assisting with Outings in the community.
- Assisting clients with sourcing accommodation.
- Undertaking client satisfaction surveys and other administrative work.
Volunteer for a position at MSCWA
For some volunteering work, you will need a current working with Children and police clearance. If you don’t have them MSCWA may be able to pay for them.